We are hiring!
Smiling International School is seeking a qualified, experienced and inspiring mathematics & IT teacher.
Come work in the stunning surroundings of our school, Palazzo Gulinelli in Via Roversella, in the heart of historic Ferrara. We are an international school for children aged 2 – 19 years old and provide a bilingual, innovative education.
We are now seeking a mathematics and IT teacher to work in our Secondary school and High School (across 9th and 10th Grades). This is a unique opportunity to join an international team and to teach engaged and motivated students.
As well as being qualified to teach in these subject areas, you must be bilingual in Italian and English.
We teach the Italian curriculum in English and provide a pioneering four-year high school linguistic programme. You will be required to adhere to these standards while also bringing your ideas and experience to the classroom.
- Develops lesson plans which meet established school and national curriculum models
- Adapts and reassesses lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, and to update relevant information and include new developments in education
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students
- Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying areas which need attention and improvement
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students
- Communicates with any and all other staff members who engage with students
- Communicates with parents as per school guidelines on a regular basis, including presenting student progress reports
- Attends occasional continuing education seminars
- Attends and takes part in school meetings on curriculum, organisation, and guidelines
Teacher Skills and Qualifications:
Degree Education, Previous Teaching Experience, Class Management Skills, Curriculum Building, Lesson Planning, Extensive Knowledge of Relevant Teaching Subject Area, Adaptable Teaching Practices, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Patience, Empathy, Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Developed Organisational Skills, Prioritisation, Deadline Adherence, Relationship Building
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity. Due to the expected volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Smiling International School.